- Price: $1,075-$1,121, depending on the accessory kit you select
- Noise level: 29 decibels (dB)
- Weight: 10.6 ounces (oz)
- Warranty: Two years
Weighing less than a pound, the ResMed AirMini is highly portable. We chose it as our “Editor’s Choice” CPAP machine for travel due to its compact size, advanced features, and positive reviews.
During our research, we found most users were happy with their purchase and the therapy they received from the ResMed AirMini, especially due to the features that enhance its usability and convenience:
- Bluetooth connectivity: With Bluetooth, you can connect your machine to the AirMini app on your smartphone or tablet, enabling you to track your therapy data (time of use, number of apnea events, and mask seal strength), adjust pressure and mode settings, and receive feedback with a nightly sleep score.
- Pressure modes/range: The ResMed AirMini offers a wide pressure range, which accommodates a variety of therapy needs. It can deliver continuous positive airway pressure, as well as auto-adjusting pressure (APAP) based on the user’s breathing patterns and prescription. APAP mode was designed for people whose sleeping patterns change during sleep and delivers lower pressure upon exhalation, often making it more comfortable for the user.
- AutoRamp technology: This technology can help you fall asleep easier because it starts out at a lower, more comfortable pressure while you’re awake and adjusts up to prescribed levels once you have fallen asleep.
- Waterless humidification: HumidX keeps your airways from drying out without adding water. It’s achieved by inserting special filters into the mask and is available with four of the five mask kit options offered by ResMed.
At $1,075-$2,021, this is the most expensive machine we reviewed, with the price depending on the mask you select. It’s important to note only ResMed masks are compatible with this machine. The five kits to choose from all come with humidification cartridges, tubing, and a mask. If you’re unhappy with your purchase, ResMed offers a rare 30-day, risk-free trial.
To reach ResMed customer service, call 800-424-0737 Monday through Friday, 6 a.m. to 3 p.m. PT, or use the “Contact Us” form to submit your inquiry.
ResMed has 4.3 out of 5 stars on Trustpilot with more than 4,500 reviews, as of June 2023. Customers repeatedly mentioned excellent customer service and quick attention to repairs or replacements when necessary.
On Google, the AirMini specifically has 4.4 out of 5 stars, with positive reviews praising the quality of therapy, quiet function, and the convenience of the waterless humidifier component. One reviewer noted how it fit in his shirt pocket, making it an effective travel machine. Complaints primarily focused on masks from other brands not being compatible, and while some people thought the machine was quiet, others complained it was louder than other machines they’ve used.
ResMed accepts PayPal and all major credit cards. Medicare and some private health insurance policies may cover a portion of your CPAP machine.
Financing through Affirm is available and requires four interest-free payments every two weeks. Additionally, FSA and HSA accounts may be used to pay for CPAP machines and equipment.